The nails represent the Horny plates, which grow on a special bed and have a similar structure with the hairs and keratinized epithelium of the skin. They are made up of keratin and are designed to protect your fingertips. Some brush movements involving precise capture of small details would be difficult without their participation.
In many diseases of the skin and internal organs there is a change in structure, color and shape of these formations. In addition to traditional methods of therapy, it is useful to know what traditional medicine is intended for the treatment of nails.
Reflection of your health
Nail plates can be a “litmus test” of internal diseases.
Their yellow color indicates liver damage, and white with a bluish tinge indicates pathology of the heart and blood vessels.
A pale hole indicates anemia, and a concave “spoon-shaped shape” indicates a lack of iron and zinc in the body.
Kidney disease is accompanied by the appearance of white and brown transverse grooves.
Lung diseases are manifested by the bulge of the plate in the form of “watch glasses”.
Diseases of their causes and course
Onihomikozami, the treatment of which we have on the website there is a detailed article. Fungal nail disease is a common infectious disease with a long course, prone to relapses. The fingers of the lower extremities are more often affected. Pathogenic fungi are well preserved in warm, humid conditions, so infection occurs when visiting showers, saunas and swimming pools. Wearing the patient’s shoes and clothing can also cause infection.
Additional factors in the development of the disease are a violation of the integrity of the skin of the legs and the upper layer of the plates. The use of tight shoes, increased sweating of the feet, ingrown toenail create a favorable environment for fungal spread. As a result, it loses transparency, becomes dry and brittle, and inflammation of the surrounding tissues develops.
Onychocryptosis. The favorite localization of an ingrown toenail is the big toe. As a result of unfavorable factors, the edge of the plate is deformed and changes the direction of growth deep into the soft tissues. This leads to a feeling of discomfort at the initial stages of the development of the pathology, then there is a pain syndrome, inflammation of the periarticular roller, violation of motor function.
Predisposing factors of the disease include wearing narrow shoes, incorrect technique of edging manicure, varicose veins, diabetes, late pregnancy, and old age.
Psoriatic onychia. Psoriasis is a chronic lesion of the skin and its appendages of non-infectious origin. As a result of a violation of the immune system, the horn cells of the nail plates are perceived as foreign agents and rejected. They appear pits and grooves, spots of yellow and red color. The plate gradually separates from its bed, the tissue of the phalanx or the entire finger becomes inflamed, sometimes suppressed.
Impact on nails of external factors. Long-term influence of water, alkalis, acids, improper mechanical and chemical treatment during manicure causes changes in the plates. They become dry, brittle, with an uneven surface, subject to lamination.
Folk methods of treating fungus
nail psoriasis 1. Dry leaves and stems of milkweed are crushed, 135 grams of raw materials are poured with a glass of boiling water, and stewed in a water bath for at least half an hour. The broth is filtered and added to the basin, diluted with cold water until a comfortable temperature is obtained, and the feet are lowered until the liquid cools. Allow the feet to dry themselves, then put on clean socks made of natural fabric. The course of treatment is 12-13 days.
2. A few heads of garlic cut into small pieces and squeeze the juice. The affected hands or feet are steamed in hot water with the addition of a weak solution of potassium permanganate. After the limbs are dried with a soft towel and rubbed into the plate garlic gruel. Also at home, you can use the juicy pulp of onions or bitter pepper. It is recommended to use the method for a month on a daily basis.
3. Antifungal ointment is prepared from 25 ml of medical glycerin, a dessert spoon of vinegar and 70% alcohol. The resulting product is carefully lubricated with the affected areas at night, preventing contact with the skin. The therapeutic course is 25-35 days, if necessary, it can be repeated after a week’s break.
4. Within a month the infected nail is treated with an alcoholic solution of iodine. It can be mixed in equal parts with Apple cider vinegar to enhance the effect. At the same time, it is necessary to regularly cut off the affected areas with scissors, after the procedure, the instrument is disinfected.
5. Medical vaseline in the amount of 110 grams is brought to a boil, removed from the stove and left for 45 minutes. Then mix with 3 dessert spoons of crushed propolis and heat again, not forgetting to constantly stir. The resulting solution is cooled, filtered and applied as an ointment under the dressing at night. In the morning, the affected areas are washed with antibacterial soap and treated with hydrogen peroxide.
Recipes for ingrown nails
1. Prepare a hot solution from a three-liter can of water and 25 grams of baking soda. In it, the infected areas are steamed, then the ingrown edge is carefully removed and placed on a piece of tissue. A sterile bandage is applied to the finger and left for a day. The procedure is recommended for several weeks.
2. after steaming in a soda solution, apply a compress of butter for a day. After again soak the affected area, lift the ingrown end and put an oiled piece of cotton wool under it. Bandaged and kept for 13-15 hours. The procedure is repeated for at least a week.
3. the Middle leaf of aloe is covered with boiling water, peeled off the skin, and the pulp is crushed. The resulting gruel is applied under a compress on the affected finger and kept for 11-13 hours. Then carefully remove the ingrown edge from the soft tissues.
4. the onion Head is finely chopped, mixed with a dessert spoon of liquid honey. After steaming the fingers in a soda solution, apply a bandage with the prepared mixture at night. In the morning, carefully release the ingrown nail plate. The procedure is performed for 16-18 days.
After releasing the ingrown edge, all the methods listed above must give it the minimum length and correct shape. To do this, the edge of the plate is cut with nail scissors, and the problem area is ground off with a fine file. To prevent relapse, you need to wear spacious, comfortable shoes and follow the correct pedicure technique.
For more information on this topic, see the article “how to treat an ingrown toenail with folk remedies”.
Recipes for psoriasis
For the treatment of affected nails, coniferous baths with the addition of juniper are used. Young twigs and fruits in equal quantities are boiled in several liters of water, infused and filtered. In the solution, the affected areas of the body are steamed for 45 minutes, the procedure is carried out every other day until the condition improves.
Anti-inflammatory syrup is made from a bottle of vodka, a glass of aloe juice and animal fat, a liter jar of melted honey. The resulting mixture is stewed in the oven for 4 hours and take 45 ml with herbal tea several times a day.
Anti-inflammatory ointment is applied to the affected plates for 3 days, then washed off with warm water and household soap. For its preparation, take a liter of sour cream, 50 grams of vitriol, 110 grams of buckthorn bark, 280 grams of sulfur, 160 ml of honey, sorrel root and 200 grams of oleoresin. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed and simmered in the oven until the liquid evaporates. The procedure is performed 5-6 times, repeated with a relapse of the disease.